Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

How do I use the Colorado child care credit contribution?

When there is an issue being addressed by the developers and there is an article issued to allow you to register your email address, the link is discontinued when the issue is completed.  

When entering the information for the Colorado Child Care Credit Contribution, be sure to look at your Colorado Form DR 1317 and enter the amount shown on line 3 to claim the credit.

@shollada 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The credit is still be miscalculated at 100%  of donation instead 50%.   Enter the donation amount from line 3 will give you an incorrect deduction (double).     Is TurboTax working this problem?

thanks,

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Yes, this does seem to be an ongoing issue. Need your help so we can resubmit to the investigations team. Here is where I need your help.

1.  First of all, are you working in Turbo Tax or the desktop version? 
  2. To look at this in detail, we would like to see a diagnostic copy of your return. The information in this file is a sanitized copy meaning there is no personal information, only numbers so that we can troubleshoot in depth, check for calculation issues, and to see how certain items are applied. Here is how to order. 
  • For Turbo Tax online, go to tax tools>tools>share my file with agent.  When this is selected, you will receive a token number.  Respond back in this thread and tell us what that token number is. 
  • If you use the desktop version, go to the black stripe at the top of the program>online>send tax file to agent. Once you receive the token number, reply back in this thread and let us know what that token number is.

If you are using the software version, check the Online tab in the black stripe and then check for updates.

@shollada 

desktop version   token 1225078

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

The program is working correctly.  The program was updated to change the wording to say the credit amount from line 3 of Form 1317 which is already at 50%.  Review the form and make sure  that line 3 in Form 1317 is calculated at 50%. 

Be sure to run the updates in your program as I suggested.

This is incorrect.   Line 3 of the DR 1317 is the full donation amount.   Line4 is the credit 50%.    I have entered the line 4 (50% credit) into TurboTax.    This corrects the main CO tax form and gives the correct total amount,  but it does leave a incorrect value in the smart worksheet.    If that causes any red flags,  I guess its easy enough to explain.   Not sure if the worksheet is sent in with e-file or not.

thanks

AmyC
Expert Alumni

No, worksheets are not part of your tax return. Only IRS forms create the return that is sent to the IRS.

@shollada 

thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies