Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I remove all the upgrades I dont want after filing my taxes if I havent even paid for them yet?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How do I remove all the upgrades I dont want after filing my taxes if I havent even paid for them yet?

Please explain some more.   Have you actually submitted the return or not?  i.e., have you efiled?  If you haven't actually efiled, or if the return rejects,  you might be able to remove something.

Or did you choose to pay the fees out of the Federal refund and have actually efiled the return?

OK so I already filed my taxes I’m trying to fill out my FAFSA and I need my 2017 taxes so I’m trying to use them and it says I need to upgrade I just want to buy the basic plus one so I can see my 2017 taxes but right now it showing I have the deluxe so how do I take the deluxe off and only pay for the cour OK so I already filed my taxes I’m trying to fill out my FAFSA and I need my 2017 taxes so I’m trying to use them and it says I need to upgrade I just want to buy the basic plus one so I can see my 2017 taxes but right now it showing I have the deluxe so how do I take the deluxe off and only pay for the plus?

I assume your 2017 and 2018 returns are in the same online account.

If you have already filed your 2018 return in Free Edition, and are now trying to upgrade the filed 2018 return to PLUS in order to unlock a 2017 return, and are now in Deluxe, then you have upgraded too far.   If you were to try to pay now it will charge you for Deluxe and possible a state return.

Since you have already filed the 2018 return, you won't be able to clear it to downgrade it yourself.   You'll need to phone TurboTax Support on Monday, tell them you upgraded too far after filing, and ask them to unlock the 2017 return for you.  They may not even charge you.

Hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Monday-Friday.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

There's also a free option if a 2017 return transcript will suit your purpose.   You may be able to immediately download one at the IRS website if you qualify to open an IRS account there.  Otherwise, to order a transcript to come by postal mail takes 5-10 calendar days.
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies