Retired-DAG

How do i prepare a detailed statement for NJ unreimbursed employee expenses for my NJ state return?

I have unreimbursed business expenses reportable on 2106.  how do I adjust to reflect that deduction on my NJ state return?

IsabellaG

Employee business expenses are not deductible for New Jersey income tax purposes. However, you may exclude reimbursements for employee business expenses reported as wages on your W-2 if you satisfy all the following conditions:

- Your reimbursed expenses are job related.

- You are required to, and do, account for these expenses to your employer.

- Your reimbursement from your employer is the exact amount of the allowable expenses.

If you receive excludable reimbursements for employee business expenses that are included in your W-2 wages, enclose a statement explaining the amount you are excluding and your reasons for excluding this amount. Also enclose a copy of your federal Form 2106.

IsabellaG