darkindian99

How do I enter "Various" for foreign tax paid.

There is no drop down box for reporting which countries to whom foreign taxes paid.  On my 1099 forms, it's "Various". I need to enter that.

MargaretL

In TurboTax, there is a "various" choice, when going through the Foreign Tax Credit section, in the Deductions and Credits. The "various" is not listed when reporting 1099-INT or 1099-DIV income. Please visit Foreign Taxes section, once the income is entered:

1. Federal Taxes
  2. Deductions & Credits
  3. Scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid, select Foreign Taxes- continue through the interview, you will be asked where interest or dividends form your 1099 came from. The drop down menu lists"various" right above Afghanistan... 

MargaretL

1. Federal Taxes
  2. Deductions & Credits