turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

csstcy

How do I annotate charitable donations (schedule C or personal?) for charity sales events with our LLC (just me and my spouse) where we donate a portion of the profits?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

How do I annotate charitable donations (schedule C or personal?) for charity sales events with our LLC (just me and my spouse) where we donate a portion of the profits?

Charity is personal (i.e. Schedule A, not Schedule C). Charity is never treated as a business expense by an incorporated business such as a sole proprietor or LLC. Only "C" corporations get to include it as a direct expense against net business income. Please add within the Deductions and Credits section of Turbo Tax.

Here's a good article by the Small Business Association:

https://www.sba.gov/blogs/how-small-businesses-can-get-tax-deductions-charitable-giving

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

Charity is personal (i.e. Schedule A, not Schedule C). Charity is never treated as a business expense by an incorporated business such as a sole proprietor or LLC. Only "C" corporations get to include it as a direct expense against net business income. Please add within the Deductions and Credits section of Turbo Tax.

Here's a good article by the Small Business Association:

https://www.sba.gov/blogs/how-small-businesses-can-get-tax-deductions-charitable-giving

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies