Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How can I claim residential energy credits for electric heat pumps and heat pump water heaters?

Mine now says “ready soon”, guess this will cover their asses for a day or 2

LeticiaF1
Expert Alumni

How can I claim residential energy credits for electric heat pumps and heat pump water heaters?

Updates are still being applied to the software. We recommend updating or logging back into your software tomorrow and then proceeding with filing your tax return.

@Laurie90267 

I logged out, logged back in…was able to sign/file…finally

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Tomorrow, 02/08.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
JackMar60

IRS form online is updated. TurboTax is not. When will it be.  That is holding up my submission. 

JackMar60

My software said the 5695 would be updated by 2-7-24.  It is 2-7-24.  It is not updated.  But check this out.  It seems the Premium version of TT has the correct credits for heat pumps. I have the Deluxe version. Mine isn’t updated. I feel like a 3rd class passenger on the titanic.  Come on TT. 

LeticiaF1
Expert Alumni

Updates are still being applied to the software. We recommend updating or logging back into your software tomorrow and then proceeding with filing your tax return.

Update was there this morning, full credit received.  Taxes filed.

It's Feb 8th and still no update.  What's the hold up?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

This has been resolved. Make sure your software has the latest update. You might also try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies, and reopen TurboTax.

@waitingnow wrote:

It's Feb 8th and still no update.  What's the hold up?

The software for the Form 5695 has been updated today.

If you are using the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions, click on Online at the top of the desktop program screen.  Click on Check for Updates.

You will need to go back through the Residential Energy Credits section to enter your information for the credit.

JoeB99

Where is the Home Energy Credit for air source electric heat pumps that qualify for 30% up to $2000?  I just see the geothermal heat pump section which is a different type of heat pump.

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

You have to continue through several screens to get to the question for Enter your qualified energy property costs.  This is where the electric or natural gas heat pumps are for the 30% or up to $2,000 energy credit.  

Do remember this is a non-refundable credit that cannot be carried forward so if you do not have a tax liability of $2,000 or more, you may not get the full credit. 

Yes, it works but it's clunky. 

JoeB99

That worked, thanks!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies