How can I check standard vs. itemized deducted for...

How can I check standard vs. itemized deducted for *state* return?

For federal, TurboTax showed a breakdown of standard vs. itemized deductions and made a recommendation.  I'd like to see the same comparison for state (NC if it matters) so I can judge whether its worthwhile to enter details of additional deductions.  This seems like a pretty basic thing, but I'm unable to find it.

TurboTax does not include a comparison between standard and itemized deductions for states like it does for federal.

Please note that for NC, the standard deduction for the 2019 tax year is $10,000 for single filers, $20,000 for joint filers and $15,000 for heads of household.

>TurboTax does not include a comparison between standard and itemized deductions for states like it does for federal.
Why not?  TurboTax must be calculating the itemized deductions for state in order to make correct decision about whether to take standard or itemize.  Even if it doesn't include a fancy graphic/explanation for its choice, just displaying the itemized amount would be useful.  That seems like a pretty basic feature.

Yes, I'm familiar with the NC thresholds.  There is a range where it could make sense to take standard deduction for federal and itemized for state.  I'd like to be able to see where things stand so I can decide whether it makes sense to spend the effort to enter a bunch more deductions or if I'm far enough away from itemizing that I shouldn't bother.  I guess I can do this by making up deductions of different sizes and checking how my tax due changes, but that seems unnecessarily complicated...

What state are you filing in?