turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

salmaas

How and where do I report the interest income on real estate contracts that are not 'seller-financed mortgages' and I do not receive a 1099?

I buy real estate contracts and receive monthly principal and interest. They are not seller-financed mortgages. I am using TurboTax 2016 that I purchased from Costco. I do not see where to make the Interest Income entries, although I know they need to end up on Schedule B.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ToddL

How and where do I report the interest income on real estate contracts that are not 'seller-financed mortgages' and I do not receive a 1099?

Just enter the interest you received for each contract as a separate Form 1099-INT, in the Interest on 1099-INT interview of Interest and Dividends. You don't have to receive a Form 1099-INT to report interest income.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ToddL

Just enter the interest you received for each contract as a separate Form 1099-INT, in the Interest on 1099-INT interview of Interest and Dividends. You don't have to receive a Form 1099-INT to report interest income.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies