salmaas

How and where do I report the interest income on real estate contracts that are not 'seller-financed mortgages' and I do not receive a 1099?

I buy real estate contracts and receive monthly principal and interest. They are not seller-financed mortgages. I am using TurboTax 2016 that I purchased from Costco. I do not see where to make the Interest Income entries, although I know they need to end up on Schedule B.

ToddL

Just enter the interest you received for each contract as a separate Form 1099-INT, in the Interest on 1099-INT interview of Interest and Dividends. You don't have to receive a Form 1099-INT to report interest income.

ToddL