Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Home Mortgage Interest worksheet

After entering all of my 1098 information and running the "Smart Check", TurboTax asks me enter the loan origination amount in the worksheet section of the Schedule to fix an error.

I open up the form and scroll down to the highlighted box and click on it, but it does NOT allow me to enter any data. I was able to enter missing data the same way to fix 2 other "errors" that were reported, but can't on this form for some reason.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

This is a known experience that we are working to resolve. You can sign up for notifications and updates in the below TurboTax help article.

Why isn't my Deductible Mortgage Interest Worksheet available yet?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

Thank you for sharing this information. Our team has been working to resolve an error message for the form availability of the Deductible Mortgage Interest Worksheet after the original date expected. We apologize for the delay and inconvenience this has caused. This should now be resolved. Please do try the return in Review and see if it will now pass without flags and allow you to file. 

• If you have the desktop version of TurboTax, please be sure it updates when you launch the program. 
  •  If you have TurboTax Online and it still gives this error message, please sign out of TurboTax, clear your cache and cookies, or try another browser, then sign back in and take it through Review.  Please see this Help article for clearing your cache and cookies. Clearing cache and cookies in your browser

The message:

• "Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Wks: This form has not been finalized for returns with two or more mortgages and limited mortgage interest. We expect this form to be available after February 17th."

Please do not report both homes on one Form 1098; they should each be reported on their own form.

I just installed the update on home Mac.

Unfortunately, this did NOT fix the problem. I still cannot enter the amount borrowed in 2021 in the worksheet.

Looking forward to when you actually get it fixed.

Thanks,

pajames45

I just had the same problem with the original amount entry. 

I read all the post, then updated to the current levels. 

Tried smart check again, same problems.

Then I deleted the original mortgage entry. 

Then reentered the information again.

Then tried the smart check again. 

No Error, the program then finally let me continue. 

Good luck

pajames45

See my post below.

You still don't have a place to enter it. 

But, it will still let you proceed.

After several updates downloaded to my Mac since I first reported the problem, this issue is still NOT fixed. My Mac OS is up to date, so this is not the problem.

This is also preventing me from being able to eFile. I'm not a happy camper at this point. Please get this resolved if you want to retain me as a future customer!!!

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please try the above workaround posted by @pajames45.

If this does not change your experience, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible. 

@rtwetzel

With TurboTax Desktop 2022, when I imported my 2021 return, I did NOT get my (one) Home Mort. Interest Worksheet imported into the new return.  It is missing.

When I went to the page above to sign up about a notification, I got this message:

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

You cannot access that link because it is from a previous year and now expired.  Did your mortgage interest worksheet transfer over in previous years? 

@ainsinga 

Thank you.  Yes, I believe the transfer has worked in prvious years.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please ensure you follow the instructions here to manually update the software. 

Please let us know if the issue is still happening after the update. 

No, that manual download is only for MS Windows (I'm on a Mac).  Also, I'm past R15 and up to R17.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support for assistance with the issue you are experiencing. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@ainsinga 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies