turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tbeck1

Home loan originated 2012, I pay MIP out of my Escrow account every year, until the loan is paid down to a certain percentage. 2017 $467 was paid for MIP. Deductible?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Home loan originated 2012, I pay MIP out of my Escrow account every year, until the loan is paid down to a certain percentage. 2017 $467 was paid for MIP. Deductible?

Just as of today we received word that certain new tax provisions are now updated in Turbo Tax and that the IRS is accepting returns with these items included.  Mortgage Insurance Premiums are one of the items.  So yes deductible in 2017.  Make sure and run updates to your software.

"The IRS recently began accepting taxpayer returns with the tuition and fees deduction, deduction for mortgage insurance premiums and the exclusion of canceled debt on a primary residence. Turbo Tax has been updated TODAY to allow customers to file with these three extended tax breaks."

For more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6585982

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Just as of today we received word that certain new tax provisions are now updated in Turbo Tax and that the IRS is accepting returns with these items included.  Mortgage Insurance Premiums are one of the items.  So yes deductible in 2017.  Make sure and run updates to your software.

"The IRS recently began accepting taxpayer returns with the tuition and fees deduction, deduction for mortgage insurance premiums and the exclusion of canceled debt on a primary residence. Turbo Tax has been updated TODAY to allow customers to file with these three extended tax breaks."

For more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6585982

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies