If you did not receive your first and/or second stimulus payment or if the amount received is not correct or if you did not receive the stimulus for a dependent child under age 17, you can claim it on your 2020 tax return as the Recovery Rebate Credit.
In TurboTax Online, to claim the Recovery Rebate credit please do the following:
- Sign into your account and continue from where you left off
- Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then on Federal Review on the top of the screen
- On the next page titled Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click on Continue
- Follow the interview
- TurboTax will determine whether you are entitled to any additional stimulus
- Any stimulus amount remaining due to you will show as a credit on line 30 of your form 1040.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I have a situation where the stimulus is not pulling... We went to tax tools to jump to stimulus portion... and the way you explained above.. For some reason I don't see the form no where. Is there a way to add the form manually... or There are other factors why the recovery rebate form is not available.
The form is actually before the Federal Review.
But, to see it, you need to be at the end of Other Tax Situations, first. To get there in TurboTax, follow these steps:
- In your return, click the Other Tax Situations tab toward the top of the page
- Scroll down to the end and click Let's keep going
- At Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click Continue
- Be sure to report an amount for each of the stimulus payments as received. If the particular payment was not received at all, enter 0 and click Continue.
It sounds like you have already gone to check Get My Payment. To check other IRS Resources, see: Questions and Answers about the Second Economic Impact Payment which is still getting updates.
To check your payment status with the IRS, go to: Get My Payment Link.