Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2106 Home & Business is not allowing me to claim both of my children for the Child Tax Credit, but I don't know why. How can I determine?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

2106 Home & Business is not allowing me to claim both of my children for the Child Tax Credit, but I don't know why. How can I determine?

Is one of your children over 16? "The Child Tax Credit offers up to $2,000 per qualifying dependent child 16 or younger at the end of the calendar year. New in 2018 is a $500 nonrefundable credit for qualifying dependents other than children."

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Is one of your children over 16? "The Child Tax Credit offers up to $2,000 per qualifying dependent child 16 or younger at the end of the calendar year. New in 2018 is a $500 nonrefundable credit for qualifying dependents other than children."

No, and I don't see how to get the software to allow the credit.  There was a note that she didn't live with me for the whole year, but this is not true and I never gave the software this information.

Go back to the beginning for TT Fed and update your profile/family info and make sure the box is checked that she lived with you the whole year.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies