Solved: From Jan 2017 till Late Aug 2017 - I worked for company A. From Last Aug 2017 till date I am working for company B. Which Box B EID number should I provide?

vishalupa

From Jan 2017 till Late Aug 2017 - I worked for company A. From Last Aug 2017 till date I am working for company B. Which Box B EID number should I provide?

I have the w2 form for company B but not for company A. Do I need to enter both or just the latest one which is company B.

mesquitebean

You need to report ALL of your 2017 income for the year.

Have you contacted Company A to see if they sent you a W-2?  And if not, why not?  Or was it lost in the mail, etc.?  They can send you a copy if it was lost.

Some companies or their payroll services provide a copy of the W-2 online.  You can phone them and ask if you can download a copy..

If you haven't received your W-2 from Company A by the end of February, we can tell you how to contact the IRS so the IRS can help you get it.  I believe they will send a letter to your employer.

Also see this:

FAQ: Will I be able to import my W-2 before I get it in the mail?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580775-will-i-be-able-to-import-my-w-2-before-i-get-it-in-the-mai...

mesquitebean

Also see this:

mesquitebean

@vishalupa
It now appears the IRS is saying to contact them if you don't get it by the "end of February", and they'll send a letter to your employer.    So I'll correct that above.

But just contact Company A and ask for it.
vishalupa

Thanks. Will do so.