lmccann

Form 2555S. I am citizen living and filing from foreign country. Traveled overseas during year but never into US. This form making me put at least 1 travel day into US?

Is it just turbo tax making me put in at least 1 day in the US or is there a requirement? Makes no sense as never went near the US?

DanaB

If you are referring to the question "No. of Days in U.S. on Business" on the "Trip Information" page then please leave that field blank if you haven't been in the US on business during the trip. Do not enter 0 since this will create the message "minimum value is 1" (see picture below).

If you referring to another page please let me know in the comments.

DanaB

lmccann

Fantastic - worked thank you. (Subtle but obviously important difference between putting in a "blank" and "0"!!)
jkgrantham86

This does not work.  When I try to e-file it says "We Need to Make One More Check" and it will NOT let me submit my return unless I enter a number above 0 and I would rather not.
jkgrantham86

Actually I got it, I had to double click the field which opened the form and type in 0 manually on both fields in the form and it finally accepted it.