Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 1116 Schedule B missing

The error I get is the same as reported many times by others, although I cannot tell if those others are also trying to file an amended return.  Error is - We can't e-file your return because we are unable to locate the attachment at /attachment/Form1116ScheduleB.pdf. Please go back and re-attach it. Then try e-filing again.

Is there a fix or steps on how to located and reattach the form for e-filing?

I have same problem when trying to file amended return. Original return with Form 1116 Schedule B accepted last month.  Now trying to amend unrelated portion of my return, and get "unable to locate' message.

Curt

"We can't efile your return because we are unable to locate the attachment at /attachment/Form1116ScheduleB.pdf. okease go back and reattach it. Then try efiling again"

This is obviously a glitch in your software. i am shocked that you have let this go on so long. For what it is worth, I found a thread somewhere on this forum (it had over 60 pages of comments) where someone (I think his first name is Mitchell and Wall was definitely his last name) had posted a way to get around your unrepaired software issue. I was able to file and the IRS accepted it. 

It was true luck that I found the answer - I can't find it now to thank the folks who saved my return. I do not understand why TurboTax has let this go to the tax deadline and has not fixed it. 

Eyeamnothappy,

Do you remember how you got around the glitch and were able to file.  We need help!

Curt

Hello out there, TT.  When can we expect some kind of update or other instruction to be able to e-file an amended return without the Form 1116 Schedule B Attachment error message? Filing paper returns, of course, just gums up the IRS works for everyone.

Thanks for your guidance.

Same here: I cannot file my amended return as a result of this 2116 bug. I have been waiting patiently for a bug fix from TurboTax, but so far... still nothing. The latest update from 5/25/2022 still does not fix. Desperately trying to avoid filing the amendment via mail.

Yikes! On October 14th, after numerous TT updates and attempts to file an amended return with the "Form 1116 Schedule B Missing" error, my return was finally accepted.  Never got any notice from TT that problem had been fixed.  Progress, I guess!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies