Do I need (or will I even get..) a 1099-SA if I had absolutely no medical expenses in 2016?

I would like to go ahead and get my taxes filed but have not received a 1099-SA form.  Will they simply not send one since I had no medical expenses?  Can I go ahead and file and just leave everything as blanks/zero's?

Form 1099-SA is issued when you have distributions from you HSA account. If you did not use any HSA funds, then you should not be receiving a 1099-SA.  You can always call your HSA custodian to verify that there were no distributions

If you visited the 1099-SA section in TurboTax but don't have one to enter, you can delete the form. Leaving it blank or with zero's may cause errors in your review. You can always add it back if you need to.