Foreign Tax Credit TT error: Form 1116 (COPY 1): L...

Foreign Tax Credit TT error: Form 1116 (COPY 1): Line 33 should be blank

I'm using TT online version. When I'm ready to file, it keeps popping up "Check this entry Form 1116 (COPY 1): Line 33 should be blank". I have deleted the number (20) and the error keeps coming back and doesn't allow me to eFile without resolving it. 

I've tried the solution in https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-credits-deductions/discussion/cannot-clear-form-1116-foreign-t... but it doesn't work for me. What can I do? How do I bring up an individual tax filing form in TT to take a look?

I am thinking you might want to work on your taxes in a desktop version so that you can edit information on the forms directly.  This is called the "Forms mode" feature which you do not have in the online version.  To do so, click here: Online to Desktop

Or 

If you prefer to have someone take a look at your tax forms, you may consider our new product / features TurboTaxLive to file your 2019 taxes.  This way you could have one of our tax professionals to review your tax forms. 

To reach one of our tax professionals, in the TurboTax program, once you complete your taxes, before you file, you’ll be given the option for a final review of your return by one of our experts.  After they completed reviewing your return, they’ll inform you of any proposed changes.

Here are the instructions:

From <https://turbotax.response.lithium.com/console/agent/4041379?>

I am searching for a solution to this same issue and I am using the Desktop Version on a Mac and I am getting the same error that line 33 should be blank.  When I open the form 1116 it won't let me edit line 33 which the program is telling me should blank.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Bob

If your passive foreign income tax is $300 or less if single or $600 or less if married, you do not file Form 1116 if the only foreign income you have is passive..  Please check and see if you have any foreign tax credit on Schedule 3, line 1.  

Hi - I am experiencing the same problem. Can you please advise on how to fix this glitch with the website? The options you mention require spending money on other products...