Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bkatzer
Returning Member

Filing from a foreign country. I have a US CC and got payment to go through but I cant get past the last filing check. It says that I'm missing info like state and zip

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Filing from a foreign country. I have a US CC and got payment to go through but I cant get past the last filing check. It says that I'm missing info like state and zip

See this TurboTax Help article on filing with a foreign address:

Can I e-file with a foreign address?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bkatzer
Returning Member

Yep, I did all that.  I still can  CC has been paid.  I'm on the final step and I'm getting the following error message, "Oops, it looks like we're missing some of your personal information like state and zip

You can go back to My Info and add that information now"  I have the foreign address  State and postal code values in those fields and still can't get the return to transmit.  Do you know a workaround?
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Did you enter "Foreign or US Possession" for State of Residence under "Your Personal Info" and "Foreign country" under "Type of mailing address"?

bkatzer
Returning Member

Yes, I did.  TurboTax has been paid.  It seems like it's getting tripped up on the final validation check before transmitting.  Do you know of a tech help contact number or site?

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Click this link for contact information:  What is the TurboTax phone number?

Is there someone in the US whose address you could use?  Once you e-filed you could then mail the IRS a  Form 8822 - Change of Address

bkatzer
Returning Member

Thanks.  It may come to the 8822.  Do you know if that can be done electronically or to I have to mail it?

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

You would have to mail it.

hangulman
Returning Member

OP did you ever get this issue resolved?  I am also having problems with it...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies