Federal Income Tax Withheld from State of Florida ...

bbcrum41

Federal Income Tax Withheld from State of Florida Unemployment Payments

I had federal income tax withheld from State of Florida Reemployment Assistance.  Where do I put it????

LenaH

Please enter your federal income tax withheld in Box 4 when entering your 1099-G. 

You can follow these steps to enter your unemployment: 

1. Open or continue your tax return in TurboTax.
  2. Search for unemployment compensation and select the Jump to link.
  3. On the Did you receive unemployment or paid family leave benefits in 2020? screen, answer Yes.
  4. Follow the instructions to enter your unemployment.

As part of the recently passed American Rescue Plan, the first $10,200 worth of unemployment payments are now tax-free for households with annual incomes less than $150,000. This expanded tax relief begins this year, starting for taxpayers filing returns after January 1, 2020.  The IRS will provide additional guidance about what you need to do to take advantage of this relief if you already filed your 2020 tax return. 

If you’d like to be updated when the information becomes available, please sign up here.

brucecass64

My 1099-G form has FL tax withheld but my version of TurboTax does not have a field for "4. Total Federal Tax withheld" .  Your help stated to enter it there but there is no place to enter.  I believe this is an error with your software. 

Thanks

pattif12

Here is a screenshot that will get you to the area to enter Federal tax withholding on your 1099-G.  If you have state withholding from your unemployment, it can also be entered on the next screens. Each state has it own form for reporting unemployment payment.

{Edited 04/07/2021 09:41 PST}