CynRose13605

Estimated Tax Payments

I know where to enter my estimated tax payment; however, it will not let me enter an amount.  It does nothing when I try to enter the amount.  I only made one payment for the 4th quarter of 2020.  I earned a small amount of money and wanted to make sure I paid taxes on it so I sent a payment in December of 2020 using 1040-ES. 

KathrynG3

Estimated Tax Payments

Try opening your program on a PC using Windows 10 and a Chrome browser to enter the amount. Otherwise, you may inadvertently have navigated to income taxes paid or 2021 estimates, for example.

To make sure you are in the right place, follow these steps:

• From the search box inside TurboTax, enter estimated tax payments.
  • Select the Jump to link in the search results.
  • This takes you to Estimates and Other income Taxes Paid. Under Estimated Tax Payments, select Federal estimated taxes for 2020 (Form 1040ES) and follow the prompts.
    • To edit the 4th quarter date, highlight the box and adjust to the December date.

There is another location in Other Tax Situations that would be used to prepare estimates for 2021.

For more information, see: What are federal estimated taxes?

SteamTrain

Estimated Tax Payments

@CynRose13605 

If you are using windows desktop software....and the entry has a "$0" in it that will not let you change it ??

Double-click on it......there is a "Supporting Details " sheet attached to that field.

Make sure you enter the exact date (December 2020) you made the estimated payment .... sometimes the exact date makes a difference.

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
CynRose13605

Estimated Tax Payments

Thank you.  It was just a matter of a double click!!!  I feel so dumb.  No other wntry needed a double click! Thanks again!