Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Entering 1095-A premium payments

Hi,

I entered my monthly enrollment premiums from my 1095-A for the last three months of 2023 (as I was only covered by the exchange for those three months in 2023.) While performing the federal review check this section came up with errors. For Jan-Sept, I entered 0 in the representative fields. For Oct-Dec, I entered the amounts from my 1095-A. During the check, I received the following message: "Form 1095-A - Insurance Exchange... Monthly premium SLCSP has a zero entered. The corresponding entries for the month are zero or blank, please delete this zero." I deleted all the zeros' so the fields were blank and I received the same error message. Then I re-entered all the zeros' and received the same error message. How to proceed? 

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Delete the Form 1095-A.  Then re-enter the form and do not enter any zeros for the months where you did not have Marketplace health insurance coverage.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Delete the Form 1095-A.  Then re-enter the form and do not enter any zeros for the months where you did not have Marketplace health insurance coverage.

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

Be sure there are no entries in any of the columns for the months not covered by the Marketplace.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
EKNH

I'm stuck in a loop. I deleted the form. I entered the 1095-A exactly as issued. I still g0t Column B messages that say "Must be greater than $0." I deleted it and tried again. Same result. 

MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

If you didn't have Marketplace insurance all year, you can leave column A blank for the months you didn't have it.  Then columns B & C will not be an issue.

If you have an amount in column A, then the amount in column B can't be zero. You must enter the Second Lowest Cost Silver Plan (SLCSP). The SLCSP is the second-lowest priced health insurance plan in the Silver category that was available when you applied for insurance at Healthcare Marketplace. 

You can use the Health coverage tax tool to figure to get the SLCSP if it is not on your Form 1095-A.

Healthcare Tool

The amount in column C can be zero if you didn't take a monthly subsidy to help pay for your health insurance premiums.

• If you did get a monthly subsidy to help pay for your health insurance premiums, enter the monthly amount in column C.

See this article for more information about the Premium Tax Credit. 

TurboTax will automatically fill out Form 8962 once you enter your Form 1095-A.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies