You should receive a 1095-A (by mid-February) if you purchased health insurance through Healthcare.gov or your state's health insurance marketplace. It should include info for everybody on your return who was enrolled in a Marketplace plan during the tax year.
Here's how to enter your 1095-A in TurboTax:
- Open (continue) your return, if you don't already have it open
- Search for 1095-A and select the Jump to link at the top of the search results
- On the screen Before we ask about Form 1095-A, we need to ask about some other information, indicate whether you received or were approved to receive unemployment in 2021 and Continue
- Answer Yes on the next screen, Did you receive Form 1095-A for your health insurance plan? and Continue
- Enter your 1095-A info on the next screen and select Continue
- We don't need all the info from your 1095-A, so we'll only ask about the info that affects your return
If you have Form 8962 and a 1095-A, and aren't sure what to do with them, here's some info on how to file them with your return.