Does federal have to be approved before state is approved? And is the state refund effected with eic?

Curious if anyone knows does federal need to be approved before state can be approved? Also if I'm claiming the eic I know federal will hold u til the 15th but can it be approved before then

No, states can approve a filed return before the Federal is approved by the IRS.

Yes, the delay of refunds due to the Earned Income Credit and Additional Child Tax Credit only applies to the release of the refund.  The returns should still be processed as normal.

Note: E-filed state returns will not be accepted until your Federal return is accepted.  This is the first step to e-filing, approval is after the return is processed by the government(s).

Thank you so much very helpful and happy to know I don't not need to wait for federal

My state refund this past week. Does this mean my federal refund will be accepted, and will it be soon?

and yes, I efiled. but my fed return still says processing. My state says it was accepted and is on its way.

How come i dont have a status bar and it says my return is being processed ....i already got my state back a long time ago..

So thats not true...from both states i had

x

If the state approved taxes paid will federal approve taxes as well??? One day it will say accepted then another day it will say as if we haven’t filed yet