Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I still need to file a partial residency status if I lived in my state for the full year, but closed on a house on 12/27, moving in that house on 1/1?

MargaretL

No, you don't need to file as Part-Year Resident.  I'm assuming here that you lived in one state until closing.. moved to a different state 1/1/2017. Please file as full year resident of your state you lived the entire year; you'll be a full year resident of new state in 2017...

If you just move from one house to another in the same state, residency status does not apply... you are still a Full-year resident of that state. 

Please comment if I'm misinterpreting your question.

MargaretL

Anonymous
Not applicable

Much appreciated--had to double-check!
MargaretL

You are welcome! Good luck in 2017!