Solved: Do I need to provide any type of form or receipts for moving expenses and job expenses for W-2 Income while filing for federal tax?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ayalee01

Do I need to provide any type of form or receipts for moving expenses and job expenses for W-2 Income while filing for federal tax?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
jerry2000
Alumni

Do I need to provide any type of form or receipts for moving expenses and job expenses for W-2 Income while filing for federal tax?

When you e-file, you do not have to send such to the IRS. BUT, you must have the proof of all deductions and keep them in a safe place in case the IRS asks to see them. The IRS could ask you to provide proof of all deductions/expenses for at least 3 years after you file your tax return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jerry2000
Alumni

When you e-file, you do not have to send such to the IRS. BUT, you must have the proof of all deductions and keep them in a safe place in case the IRS asks to see them. The IRS could ask you to provide proof of all deductions/expenses for at least 3 years after you file your tax return.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings