Solved: Do I need to itemize Permanent Improvements for the house we sold? No documents are asked to prove that we have spent a few thousand dollars. Did I miss something?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacobstolin

Do I need to itemize Permanent Improvements for the house we sold? No documents are asked to prove that we have spent a few thousand dollars. Did I miss something?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Do I need to itemize Permanent Improvements for the house we sold? No documents are asked to prove that we have spent a few thousand dollars. Did I miss something?

You didn't miss anything. You do not have to show the details of the improvements on your tax return. Keep the information with your tax records in case the IRS questions your tax return later.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You didn't miss anything. You do not have to show the details of the improvements on your tax return. Keep the information with your tax records in case the IRS questions your tax return later.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings