Solved: Do I need to file taxes if no earned income?

Do I need to file taxes if no earned income?

Do I have to file taxes if I have no earned income? I did not receive gifts either. Only recieved food stamps and cash assistance from the county. Also, can fiancé claim me, and if so, will I need to file so she can? Thank you. 

State aid is not entered on a tax return.  If you have received no income of any kind then there is no reason or need to file a tax return

To be claimed as a non-relative dependent you must meet all the requirements under the Qualifying Relative rules.

To be a Qualifying Relative -

1. The person cannot be your qualifying child or the qualifying child of any other taxpayer. A child is not the qualifying child of any other taxpayer if the child's parent (or any other person for whom the child is defined as a qualifying child) is not required to file an income tax return or files an income tax return only to get a refund on income tax withheld.

2. The person either (a) must be related to you or (b) must live with you all year as a member of your household

3. The person's gross income for the year must be less than $4,050 (social security does not count) in 2017

4. You must provide more than half of the person's total support for the year.

5. The person must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S., Canada, or Mexico resident for some part of the year.

6. The person must not file a joint return with their spouse.

To be a Qualifying Relative -

Thank you so much!

I want to file to get my stimulus 

I only received calworks and snaps help me

I need to file to get stimulus check help me

I dont know im 35 live at home on public aid do not work filed taxes i live in a homeless shelter and just come home for laundry and my mail i think my uncle put me in his taxes will i still be eligible to receive the stimulus check

You can use the information on the following web site to calculate your possible stimulus payment.  There will also be a link on the page to register for the payment if you are not required to file a tax return.

TurboTax -- 2020 Stimulus Check Calculator

@NaeJeff78

If you have been claimed as a dependent on someone's tax return, you will not be eligible for the stimulus payment. 

If you have not been claimed and are not eligible to be claimed as a dependent, and you are not required to file a tax return, then you can use the information on the following web site to calculate your possible stimulus payment.  There will also be a link on the page to register for the payment if you are not required to file a tax return.

@25107487