Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Do I file1099-r for foreign pension with taxes payed less than $300

1 Reply
Expert Alumni

Do I file1099-r for foreign pension with taxes payed less than $300

Yes, you should include your foreign pension with taxes paid less than $300.

To do so, please follow these steps: (If you didn't receive Form 1099-R, you will need to complete Step 8 when you get to it. If you did receive Form 1099-R, you can skip Step 😎

  1. Open your return
  2. Click "Continue" and "I'll Choose What I Work On"
  3. Click the "Federal" tab at the top of your screen
  4. Scroll down to the "Retirement Plan and Social Security" section
  5. Click "Start/Update" next to "IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R)" 
  6. Choose "I'll Type it Myself" and click "Continue"
  7. Check "1099-R withdrawal of money from 401(k) or other retirement plan" 
  8. NOTE: If you didn't receive a Form 1099-R, check the box at the bottom "I need to prepare a substitute 1099-R" - Click on the screenshot below for reference.
  9. From here, TurboTax will walk you through entering your foreign pension information

Please comment below if you need further clarification.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies