davsea17

Do I file a state tax return if in Florida?

Do I file a state tax return in Florida?

FLORIDA

Florida does not have a state income tax.   You should have skipped the FL tax unless you own rental property  in FL or a FL based business.

Florida has a  tangible personal property tax form that is used in a Florida-located business or rental property and is filed with the county property appraiser by April 1st. 

If you do need to file a Form DR-405, nothing will print (except an instruction sheet) unless assets were transferred or you manually entered assets in the DR-405 worksheet. 

If you do not have tangible personal property to report, choose   Skip State   in the   State Taxes   section.

If you proceeded past the warning screens, try deleting the Florida return --> https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900608

GeorgeDenseff

There is no personal income tax in Florida.  Florida does not have a state income tax.

Corporations that do business and earn income in Florida must file a corporate income tax return (unless they are exempt).