It depends. Is your charitable donation through work reported on your W-2? Check for an amount in Box 14. If you see it, make sure the Box 14 category is Charitable cash contribution.
TurboTax will automatically move the amount from your W-2 Box 14 to Form 1040. However, the program will ask you to confirm the amount of your payroll deduction.
If your contribution did not appear on your W-2, enter the amount in Deductions & Credits.
- Type donations in Search in the upper right.
- Click Jump to donations.
- Say Yes to Did you make donations to charity in 2020?
- Say Yes or No to Do you have an account with ItsDeductible Online. If you have an account, you can import your donations. Otherwise
- Say Yes on the Donations screen.
- Type the name of the charity in Who did you donate in 2020?
- Click Add next to Money. The $300 "above the line" charitable donation deduction applies to cash donations only.
No, it was not reported on my W-2. I always manually entered it. That new option just caused a bit of confusion. I was able to enter it by Jumping to Donations and adding it as normal.