Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Roger2
Returning Member

Do I enter my new vehicle in TurboTax or import from Quickbooks or both? I don't want to double-dip nor under-deduct. My much bigger refund makes me think I am doubled

My business incomes and expenses as shown in my quickbooks year end comparison are VERY similar, but TurboTax shows them as very different and me getting a MUCH larger refund.  I am very suspicious but can't find anything wrong.  I think I may be double dipping by importing new vehicle's depreciation from quickbooks and having Turbotax also deduct it.. It would explain a lot.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do I enter my new vehicle in TurboTax or import from Quickbooks or both? I don't want to double-dip nor under-deduct. My much bigger refund makes me think I am doubled

Yep, ether import and ignore the turbo tax section or don't import, and just enter all your facts. Your libel to get back more money entering it through  turbo tax !

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Yep, ether import and ignore the turbo tax section or don't import, and just enter all your facts. Your libel to get back more money entering it through  turbo tax !

Yes, you have probably doubled up, if you think your refund is way to high, it probably is!

Roger2
Returning Member

Thanks.  So, should I just ignore the part in Turbotax about entering a new vehicle?  Is there a way to view what depreciation items Turbotax is including so I can check for double paths and thus double entries for my new vehicle?  Thanks again.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies