turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Dependent Care FSA roll over 2021

I've contributed $3000 to dependent care FSA in 2020. I've paid a $1000 for day care. My employer allowed me to carry over the unused balance, $2000, to next year based on Covid relief bill passed at the end of 2021.

However, Turbo tax online is showing that remaining $2000 dollars as taxable income. Where, in turbo tax, do we specify that $2000 dollars is not taxable income as it has been rolled over to 2021.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You missed a question at some point.  Turbotax will ask how much did you forfeit or roll over.  Because you skipped that question (or answered "zero" incorrectly), the program assumes the entire $3000 was paid out to you.

I would re-run the dependent care credit interview.  The question might also appear in the W-2 interview when Turbotax recognizes an amount in box 10.  (I can't remember from the last time I had a DCB and I haven't tested it this year.)

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Any help here ??

You missed a question at some point.  Turbotax will ask how much did you forfeit or roll over.  Because you skipped that question (or answered "zero" incorrectly), the program assumes the entire $3000 was paid out to you.

I would re-run the dependent care credit interview.  The question might also appear in the W-2 interview when Turbotax recognizes an amount in box 10.  (I can't remember from the last time I had a DCB and I haven't tested it this year.)

It is in the W2 interview. It asked for any amount remaining in the account. When I entered the remaining amount it didn't add the unused funds as income.

I was earlier searching in expenditure section. But thank you for solving  the issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies