Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Covid Distribution Calculation

I'm at the point in my return where TT is asking about the Covid Stimulus payments. It appears to be telling me that we (married filing jointly) should have received the full payments of $2,400 and $1,200, even though we were fortunate enough to have AGI of $157K in 2020. Our income was higher (AGI around $170K) in 2019 - we got checks, but not the full amount. Even with the lower AGI in 2020, I didn't think we'd be eligible for the full amount because it's still above $150K. What am I missing?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Update: The actual calculation was correct. What was misleading was the text on the screen where it asked to double-check the amount we received. That text said that based on our AGI, we were eligible for the full amount, which is incorrect. However, when I entered the actual amounts of our payments, and the credit was calculated on the next screen, the credit appears to be correctly based on what we should have received instead of the full amount.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Update: The actual calculation was correct. What was misleading was the text on the screen where it asked to double-check the amount we received. That text said that based on our AGI, we were eligible for the full amount, which is incorrect. However, when I entered the actual amounts of our payments, and the credit was calculated on the next screen, the credit appears to be correctly based on what we should have received instead of the full amount.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies