reevesbrianna

Child tax return

I started fresh on H&R block, to see if the returns came out the same, and H&R block is almost a $1,000 more. I figured out where it is, on turbo tax you ask how long my new born has lived with us( 3 months) and h&r does not, it just counts as the whole year. I changed it to the whole year on Turbo tax and it went up a $1,000. Why is that? What if I file the whole year, like hr is doing, but he was born and here for 3 months? Would we have to pay the money back?

Child tax return

In the Personal Info section of the program when entering a dependent, after entering the child's personal information you will arrive on the screen How many months did (child's name) live with you in 2016?

If you had entered the child's date of birth as being born in 2016, the screen also states Since your baby was born in 2016, select The whole year here.

See screenshot

Child tax return

See screenshot

reevesbrianna

Child tax return

Wow.... i can't believe I missed that. Well very glad I asked, thank you very much