Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

joe-cucchiaro-or
Returning Member

Check this entry - Schedule M1SA: Home Mortgage Interest Should Not Have a Value

When I attempt to e-file my Minnesota return I get the following error, "Check This Entry - Schedule M1SA: Home mortgage interest should not have a value since federal Schedule A, lines 8b and 8c are blank.  The value on line 12 of the form is 0 and I can not delete the value.  This is preventing me from e-filing for my refund and I have already paid the filing fee.  I need this fixed this week, or Turbo Tax needs to refund my state filing fee.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

Check this entry - Schedule M1SA: Home Mortgage Interest Should Not Have a Value

Yes, it sounds like you have a blank mortgage interest statement in your return causing this issue. Here's how to delete it:

1. Open your return.
  2. Select Deductions & Credits.
  3. Scroll down to Mortgage Interest and Refinancing (Form 1098), select  Edit/ Add.
  4. On the screen Here's your 1098 info, select the trash can icon to the right of the blank 1098-INT entry. 
  5. Confirm that you want to delete it.
  6. Select Review to make sure all details are taken care of.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
joe-cucchiaro-or
Returning Member

Thank you for the quick response.  I have followed the instructions that you provided and confirmed that there is not a blank 1098 form in my return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies