hern8432

Can you give me a more defined list of what I can claim as expenses for a family child care business

MargaretL

You can really deduct any of your necessary expenses for conducting your babysitting.  The IRS doesn't have a list because any expenses that are ordinary and necessary for you to conduct the child care are allowed as expenses. 

With that being said, here are examples: house expenses (mortgage interest, property tax, utilities, house repairs, house insurance), furniture and appliances, household items (toilet paper, cleaning supplies etc. ) children's supplies ( arts crafts, toys) food expenses, car expenses if you need to drive the child. 

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing