Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can't make changes at "Enter any additional property tax paid in 2022"

TT is reporting the wrong information at Sched A 5b State & Local Real Estate Taxes. I know what the correct amounts are, but the program will not let me make any changes to the screen "Enter any additional property tax paid in 2022" under Personal/Deductions & Credits.

I have two rental properties. I live in one floor of a triplex, so the Ptax on that building is 2/3 rental. The other property is a second home that is rented for 3 weeks, so the Ptax on that is apportioned according to the IRS days rented vs personal days. These two rental expense amounts are not being correctly deducted from the total Ptax on the properties to give me the correct Personal Ptax value at 5b. How do I adjust this if the adjustment page is not accepting inputs?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AmyC
Expert Alumni

Can't make changes at "Enter any additional property tax paid in 2022"

I am guessing that the rental properties have their own utilities and other expenses. The only shared items are probably mortgage, tax, and minor stuff like lawn care. Items you can easily divide and enter yourself.

The easiest thing to do, since you understand the rules, is to enter the expenses associated with the rental directly rather than have the program dividing and pulling the data. Once you switch to entering the correct figures, the deductions for sch A will be available for adjustment. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies