Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I start entering my Goodwill donations now for 2022 and where do I enter them?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Can I start entering my Goodwill donations now for 2022 and where do I enter them?

Sorry you can't use Turbo Tax until 2022 opens in Nov or Dec.

It's Deductible is being discontinued June 2022, see

How do I export my data from ItsDeductible?

other means would be by using a spreadsheet like Excel (costs) Open Office.org offers a free spreadsheet similar to Excel.   Quicken (no longer owned by Intuit and costs about $50/year)  would work for cash contributions. not good for noncash

In another thread, a poster stated that the IRS refused to accept a user's ItsDeductible values because they were too general, and not specific to the user's geographic area.  So bear that in mind.

Unfortunately, Turbotax is no longer providing a tool for tracking your donations.  You can keep your own records in a notebook or spreadsheet.  Be sure to include the date of the donation, the value, the condition (good, fair, poor) and a description with enough detail to be able to fairly determine the value.  You will also want to document how you determined the value.  (You might do comparison shopping at thrift stores, or Facebook Marketplace, or something similar.)

At tax time, you only need to enter the date and total value for all donations made to the same charity on the same day, you don't need to list items individually.  You can make a general entry of "used clothing and household goods" with your value, as long as you have that detailed inventory in your records in case of audit. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies