turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Reporting Foreign account on Schdeule B/Part III

Hi,
I am not able to select 7a and 7b  yes and provide the country code after following the interviews on reporting foreign account section. I was able to do this earlier year. Has something changed? Here is what I did
1. Select 1099-OID, Foreign Accounts in Wages&Income.
2. Checked "Owned or signed on a foreign bank, broker, or other financial account"  and Continue.
3.  Checked "I had a bank, broker or other financial account in foreign country". and Continue
4. Checked Yes on "Value of all your foreign accounts " greater than 10000 and continue
5. Provided the country Code in "You need to File FBAR" page. and Continue.
6.  Checked "None of the above" in "Tell Us ABout Foreign Trust" page and continue.
7. Checked Yes on Foreign Financial asset page "No" for "Do you live in a foreign country" and continue.
8. Checked No on "About the Amount of Your Foreign Financial Assets" page and continue.
9. Now It's showing a "Delete Confirmation" page  asking to delete the FBAR country record.

It's not letting me keep the FAR selection yes When I say no on #8 above. Yes on #8 requires form 8938 which is seperate from FBAR and  don't need to file 8938 but need to show FBAR yes Part III of SChedule B.  How Can i do this now? I was able to do this last year. Can somebody please help? Or if it's bug can you please fix it? Thanks.
SUbhadeep
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Can somebody please help me here? Thanks much in advance

Can I get some help here please? This problem started happening this year only. I was able to do this correctly in previous year. Thanks much
Cortadito

Were you able to solve the issue?  I encounter the same issue. Contacted TurboTax, but they had no idea what I was talking about.  Another system problem is that I cannot save the data for Form8938.  Appreciate your insight.  

I'm having the same issue right now.  Did you all ever get it figured out?  Thank you!

KarenJ2
Expert Alumni

When I went through the steps in the CD/Download version ( where you can see your forms while you are preparing the return). I clicked no to the Foreign Financial Assets question and it said that it would delete my confirmation page.  So you think it is going to delete everything.  Then when I looked at Schedule B form, the 7 a and 7b were checked yes and the country name was entered.    I assume the same would be true for the online version. It doesn't delete the FBAR information, just he Form 8938,

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies