donmoline

Can I file short form with the new standard deduction?

How can I get a 1040EZ or 1040A tax form?

KarenJ

Yes,  you can file the 1040 Free version with the standard deduction.

Unfortunately, due to the changes in the tax law, there is no longer a 1040EZ or 1040A.  There is only a simplified 1040 with schedules.

The Free Edition this year does not include, student loan deductions, retirement savings contribution credit, education credit, child and dependent care credit, or unemployment compensation & paid family leave. All of these situations now requires a separate Schedule to report the items.

If any of these situations apply to you, you will need to upgrade to the Deluxe version.

KarenJ