Solved: Can i file for refund even though my income doesnt require it. But iv paid almost 5,000 just in meds and thousands to medical specialist. I make only 1100 a month a

Can i file for refund even though my income doesnt require it. But iv paid almost 5,000 just in meds and thousands to medical specialist. I make only 1100 a month a

The IRS will not refund you any more taxes than you have paid in. So if taxes were withheld from your income, file the return. Most likely your medical expenses will exceed 7.5% of your income and therefore be deductible as such on the SCH A. But you really won't know until you complete your tax return.

What kind of income do you have?  W2 or 1099Misc or Social Security or something else?

Ive never made enough to have to file. Well its not really necessary since ive already paid taxes on all the money ive made. This is not anything but the money i had put aside by federal government that i worked for. But my questions are im paying out so much of the little i get to medical and medicine shouldnt there be a way i can use it to help me get some back on state or federal income returns?

Have you had any income tax withheld from any of your 2017 income?

No i was on disability and when my disability insurance was gone i was put on social security like early retirement. I wont recieve the full amount until im 65