• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jordanlovings131

Can I deduct miles that I use in my personal vehicle to take my client places any where?

I'm a child care giver so I have to take my client to the park from his school take him to eat and home etc. I classified a room in my home the game room we watch movies and games in this room like an entertainment center can i deduct mileage to my home now?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 9

Can I deduct miles that I use in my personal vehicle to take my client places any where?

Pretty much so, yes.

If you go somewhere that is strictly personal and there is no purpose to the child being with you, then that may not be deductible.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TaxGuyBill
Level 9

Pretty much so, yes.

If you go somewhere that is strictly personal and there is no purpose to the child being with you, then that may not be deductible.

jordanlovings131

Thanks can you answer again I posted more details thanks
TaxGuyBill
Level 9

Yes, if there is a business purpose of the trip (bringing the child from school to somewhere to watch the child), it is deductible.

A portion of your home expenses will also be deductible.  TurboTax should walk you through that.
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v