Solved: Can I deduct both taxes paid through escrow and directly paid to county/state?

Can I deduct both taxes paid through escrow and directly paid to county/state?

We bought our house in July, 2016. After moving in we had to pay property summer taxes directly to the authorities. Since July our property taxes are paid through escrow. The 1098 statement for 2016 from the mortgage company only shows the taxes paid for the second half of the year paid through escrow. Can I still deduct the summer taxes that weren't paid through escrow? Do I just add up both amounts?

Yes, you are able to deduct both the real estate taxes that you paid directly and the taxes paid through your escrow account.

You can add up the two figures and input the total into the real estate (property) taxes paid section in TurboTax.