Can i claim my trailer that i own and the rent i p...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blueyes368

Can i claim my trailer that i own and the rent i pay every month to sit it on the lot in a mobile home park, i also pay taxes on the trailer. what can i claim

3 Replies
Bsch4477
Level 15

Can i claim my trailer that i own and the rent i pay every month to sit it on the lot in a mobile home park, i also pay taxes on the trailer. what can i claim

If the trailer has a kitchen, toilet and sleeping quarters it is considered a second home.  You can deduct mortgage payments and any property or personal taxes if you itemize. If your state has a rental credit you can claim your space rent. 

Bee4
Returning Member

I live in San Diego California. How much credit can I receive from claiming my manufactured home lot rental on my state income taxes?

Bsch4477
Level 15

California rental credit is $60 if filing single and $120 if filing married jointly. See details here:

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/file/personal/credits/nonrefundable-renters-credit.html

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings