Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can i claim Goodwill Donations from 2018 to 2022?

Hi,

I made some donations every year but did not enter in 2018 to 2021 Taxes. I chose standard deduction every year till 2021 and did not enter any details of donations. Can I enter itemized donations from 2018 to 2022 in 2022 taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

No.  You would have to amend each year to add itemized deductions.  And it won't change your returns unless all the Itemized Deductions are now more than the Standard Deduction.

View solution in original post

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

A carryover of donations occurs when you claim a large donation in the year that you made it, but you cannot deduct the full amount because it exceeds the limit for donations. The amount that you cannot deduct is carried over to the following year. But there is no carryover for a donation that you could have claimed in an earlier year, but you did not claim it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

No.  You would have to amend each year to add itemized deductions.  And it won't change your returns unless all the Itemized Deductions are now more than the Standard Deduction.

In the Turbotax software. it is asking for carryovers for noncash donations.image.png

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

A carryover of donations occurs when you claim a large donation in the year that you made it, but you cannot deduct the full amount because it exceeds the limit for donations. The amount that you cannot deduct is carried over to the following year. But there is no carryover for a donation that you could have claimed in an earlier year, but you did not claim it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies