Solved: Can I claim a casualty property loss for Ash trees...

Can I claim a casualty property loss for Ash trees that have died due to the Emerald Ash Borer disease that is devastating our trees?

Can I also claim the costs of having them taken down because they posed a threat to falling on our home?

No.  Casualty losses are not deductible on your federal return unless you are in a federally declared disaster area, per the tax laws that changed for 2018 and beyond.  Even under the old laws you could not have claimed the cutting down of your trees due to disease.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4482873-which-federal-tax-deductions-have-been-suspended-by-tax-re...

Thank you Champ...   Didn't know about the rule change.  Nor the other non-deductible.  No biggie, but it would've been nice.   Take care, be well.    Bill