Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 8829 Error, I only have one home office

Form 8829 Worksheet Error: Allocable home office expenses....It is asking me to make an entry (line 7) "if there is more than one home office" I only have one. I Googled for help and they all say to remove 2nd office from the summary in Schedule C/Business section. There is only one showing. I checked everywhere over and over. I moved, but I stopped my consultant business when I moved. I made sure that I have everything checked saying I only had one home office and one location, etc. my old address is the home office and that is how it shows in the summary. Please help, I am going to lose my mind and I want to get this done. I have been messing with it for a few days and cant file until this is fixed. There are a couple of other things that "need fixing" too and I cant get to them until I fix this.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
MichaelDC

Form 8829 Error, I only have one home office

As radical as it may seem, consider delete everything that approximates a home office or home office worksheet in the return and start fresh. It may save you more time in the end. The following instructions speak to deleting the home office for your Self-Employed business, but you may also have a home offices attached to an employment W-2 job. If so, look for and click Delete next to Form 2106 (Employee) -- Form 2106 Adjustments Wks -- Employee Home Office Wks.

1.       Open your return in TurboTax. ...

2.       In the upper right corner, click My Account > Tools.

3.       In the pop-up window, select Delete a form.

4.       Click Delete next to Schedule C (Contractor) -- Form 8829 (Office Name) and follow the onscreen instructions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies