turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mstrwooley
Returning Member

About A Generated Amount I Don't Understand in Deductions & Credits TT Deluxe 2019

On Turbotax 2019...in the area (Deductions & Credits) in the section (Estimates And Other Taxes Paid) These is a number that was generated by Turbotax because I didn't. It is on the line (Other Income Taxes). The amount is 45,546.00. Last year, 2018, that same area had an amount of 11,000.00. That'a rather large difference and having battled the IRS on many occasions, one very ugly in particular, I learned that things like this can raise red flags and in turn create audits. I don't understand what has generated this 45,546.00 amount. I have plugged in my wife's income and my social security which is 90% of it. I even chose to start the return from scratch instead of importing 2018 just to make sure there wasn't something from 2018 causing trouble but it's not that. Any thoughts out there? Thank you. Dave R.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

About A Generated Amount I Don't Understand in Deductions & Credits TT Deluxe 2019

Not sure about a Mac, but it should be the same -

On the TurboTax for Windows desktop software you can click on the amount shown for the current tax year, 2019, and a window will be presented that shows the location of those Other Income Taxes 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies