Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bpwebb12
Returning Member

3rd Stim Payment for New Dependent

We are mfj and I've confirmed out income is under the thresholds. We had a child in 2021. When I first started filling in the info I hit yes that we received all our stimulus money, but I realized after that we never received anything for our child. I can't figure out how to go back and edit that response. The help said it would pop up when we went into review, but it didnt. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

Please follow these steps to get back to the stimulus question:

1. After entering all your information click "Search" at the top right and type "Stimulus".
  2.  Follow the jump to link (if you do not qualify for the Recovery Rebate Credit the stimulus questions will not come up). 
  3. On the screen "Let's double-check the amount you received" you will be asked about the amount of third stimulus payment you received. TurboTax will then calculate the amount of stimulus payment remaining that you are still entitled to get. 
  4. Any stimulus amount remaining due to you will show as The Recovery Rebate Credit on line 30 of Form 1040.

Please see What are the eligibility rules for the Recovery Rebate Credit? for additional information.

Please make sure, that when yo entered your child as a dependent that you selected that your child lived with you all year. A child born in 2021 is have deemed to have lived with you all year.

1. Click "My Info" from the left side of your screen
  2. Click “Edit” next to your child's name

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

To get to the stimulus questions in TurboTax at any time, you can search for stimulus or recovery rebate credit then hit ENTER and there should be a Jump to link (screen shot) 

If you are trying to trigger it,
Click on Other Tax Situations at top
Click on Let's get started
Answer some questions then Continue
Then click on Let's keep going
Next screen is for the Third Stimulus, if you qualify

Jump Stimulus.jpg

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies